Haute Midwest was live on location at “Narrowing the Gap: Connecting the Fashion Industry and Iowans with Disabilities” (below, CIO with Keynote speaker Stephanie Thomas).
This is the second year that DIsability Rights Iowa has teamed up with fashion moguls to bring a new perspective to the Haute Midwest. This year, students designed adaptable clothing for persons with disabilities. They had initial measurements, pattern makimng , sample making, fittings, and finally modeling by the clients.
The Gala was held at the Iowa Culinary Institute with a fashion show / cocktail hour followed by a buffet dinner and the keynote speaker on the subject of a disability fashion stylist. HM sat with Courtney Conlin (below) who led the round table discussion.
Also at our table were Jami (left) and Aubrey (featured photo).
» Event Overview » Ads » Design Contest Overview » F.A.Q.s » Fees » Honors » Press » RSVP » Rules » Shop » Sponsors » ViraStyle
Haute Midwest Magazine (HM) online is celebrating its 7-year anniversary (November 7th, 2019) with a showcase of Midwest designers in a virtual runway week. HM will award a “Designer of The Year” honor to one Midwest fashion designer during Haute Midwest Fashion Week. Registration is open now!
Please make your participant registration purchase(s) using PayPal. The fee is $ 15 per designer. Click the checkout button below. A receipt will be emailed to you once your order is processed.
Broadcasts will be available beginning Monday, November 11th, 2019. New broadcasts will be posted each day until all segments are published at hautemidwest.wordpress.com before the closing events on Friday, November 15th, 2019.
2019 Fashion Week Showcase Events
- Haute Midwest Fashion Week. 2019 broadcasts will air online during the week of Monday, November 11th, thru Friday, November 15th in primetime.
- Showcase Portals. New broadcasts will be posted each day at hautemidwest.wordpress.com and at select premium Websites until and unless all public segments are published before the closing events on Friday, November 15th.
- Behind the Scenes. Pre-production, Editor’s cuts will air intermittently, throughout the selection process. Therefore, designers who are not selected for the Haute Midwest Fashion Week broadcasts may still be featured in Haute Midwest Magazine online at hautemidwest.wordpress.com.
- Designer Spotlights. Editor’s choice designs will be featured in HM Designer Spotlights, airing at hautemidwest.wordpress.com and other premium sites.
- Designer Showcase. Designs selected for the Haute Midwest Fashion Week Designer Showcase will feature the most celebrated and fabulous designs from among all submissions.
- After Party (dependent upon participation). Designers selected for the fashion week showcase will be invited to join industry professionals and special guests to network and enjoy other elements to be announced.
« Return to Contests
Gwen looks great in a GS Impress2! Thanks for the photo, Gwen!
GStyle Community photos are submitted by GS customers and friends, and posted with permission.
« Join the GStyle Community on Facebook!
The GS Impress2 Necklace is handmade of leather-look materials that create a stunning piece to complement your best looks. This signature piece features your choice of simulated or genuine fresh-water pearls and simulated crystals. The base carries seven (7) petals that dangle below it.
This accessory art piece features a circle and rod clasp at the back of the neck. [read more…]
The GS Camera Bag is handmade of leather-look materials that create a stunning piece to complement your best looks. The base measures 6 1/2″ x 11″.
The base zips from side to side revealing a storage compartment. This bag is perfect for travel. Carry a light lunch in the storage area. [read more…]